I'm trying to figure out how to write a JPEG with DX (or if it's possible).

After rebuilding with CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include", DX configure and
build picks up ImageMagick.

A make and install gives me a WriteImage that still doesn't know about
format="jpg" or format="jpeg".  Should it?

      ERROR: WriteImage:  Bad parameter: `jpg' is not a valid string for \
      the file format

Using a trick from the mailing list, I tried:

      format="Image Magick supported format"

Now dxexec dies with this message in the Message Window:

      Wrong JPEG library version: library is 61, caller expects 62
      child process 0 (110720) exited, status = 1

I suppose next I need to figure out where DX is grabbing libjpeg.a from so
I can override it and point it to a different version.  So it looks like
it's possible to write a JPEG, but a little difficult to build in support
and to invoke.

Any tips?  Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks,

Randy

--
Randall Hopper (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
EPA Scientific Visualization Center