Been very busy with other stuff but now resuming this issue (test net shown
below) in which polygonal objects with less than 1.0 opacity do not appear
in the rendered image on the 4.1.1 NT build (posted by Suhaib in late May:
not casting blame, just identifying genesis). I did however do an entire
project with opaque polys and volume rendering using this build so there's
a lot right about it.

Greg, I built your test net on both irix 6.5, opendx 4.1.0 (rev. Apr 6
2000) and then moved it to NT, opendx 4.1.1 (rev. May 29 2000). The Irix
version displays the expected result: green semitransparent shell boundary
around red spheres inside Showbox yellow lines. The NT version displays
only the red spheres (and the Showbox lines).

If you would like to send or upload your copy of dxexec for NT, I'd like to
try it. Thanks. If you need to ftp, I'll communicate offlist to give you
necessary voodoo.

I chose to lay back and see if any new posts were made since we were in the
middle of the Imagemagick muddle also at the time. Is that resolved for
Irix, Jeff? Is there a new build for 6.5 that uses IM 5.2.2 (and works)? Is
it safe to go back in the water? (:->

>Both my MSVC and gcc compiled 4.1.1 dxexec's seem to work.   I ran this:
>
>c = Construct([-1 -1 -1], [.1 .1 .1], [21 21 21]);
>c = Replace(c, c, "positions", "data");
>c = Compute("mag(abs($0) - [0.5, 0.5, 0.5])", c);
>b = ShowBox(c);
>c0 = Isosurface(c, .4);
>c0 = Color(c0, "red", 1.0);
>c1 = Isosurface(c, .6);
>c1 = Color(c1, "green", 0.5);
>c = Collect(b, c0, c1);
>C = AutoCamera(c, "off-diagonal");
>Display(c, C);
>
>I don't know the card I'm using, but it seems to me that for software
>rendering it sure shouldn't matter.   Give this script a try; if it doesn't
> create a good image I'll send you my dxexec and let you try that.
>
>Greg

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]