am I missing something? Why not just use Statistics to do this directly
on the vectors? I don't recall if it operates on vectors as 3 components
or by computing the mean first; but if it does operate on the 3 components
(not what you want) then do the mag first using compute then pass to
Statistics to get the sd of the magnitude.
Donna

Donna L. Gresh, Ph.D.
Visual Analysis Group
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center