Hi all, I have some earthquake hypocenter data (easting, northing, depth, magnitude, time) that I would like to display as an animation much the same way as the animation shown in the gallery-highlights of the homepage.
http://opendx.npaci.edu/animations/environmental/quake.mov

I am having a little trouble figuring out how to do this though. In fact I am not sure where to begin. I can display the data statically, however I am not sure how to make an animation such that the time steps are based on my data, not just with equal timing between each quake. I have gone through many of the tutorials however I haven't run across this type of visualization.

Are there any resources that I might search? Any tips on a general approach?

Thanks
-Ian (newbie)

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.