What's the nature of the problem, exactly? Do you get an error?
Or is the result not what you expected? Or are you not sure
how to do it for a non-rectangular grid? Or...??

Joel

Lucio Boscolo wrote:
Hello everybody,

It’s Lucio Boscolo here, new of the forum.

I wonder if somebody could help me with a problem I have with opendx.

Basically I do lighting simulations and I take the calculation points and directions from the centre of the faces and the normals of a polygonal mesh. It therefore outputs a collection of values in the form of three spatial coordinates (centres of each face) and a value.

When the calculation grid is a rectangle there is no problem in applying values to a grid in opendx to visualize them.

When the surface is funnily shaped (it happens quite often), then this trick doesn’t work. I normally use glyphs and play with scale and aspect ratio. This works pretty well even though it is not perfect and it doesn’t blend the values colours. When the surface is not planar it is more difficult though.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me please?

Thank you very much for your help in advance, have a nice day!

Lucio

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Scientist
Mouse Genome Informatics
The Jackson Laboratory   Phone: (207) 288-6435
600 Main Street          Fax:   (207) 288-6132
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609  URL:   www.informatics.jax.org