On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 17:03, Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As there is strong opinion against declaring scarthgap compatibility
> in official meta-python2 from Timo, Alex and Jose, I don't plan to
> merge Marek's change (nor my version with additional fixes for
> Upstream-Status etc).

There's more to it. It's a protest against people focusing on obsolete
retro computing stuff because of their poor product planning, while
offering no help to keep things current. It took me two months to
update python to 3.12 while ensuring nothing breaks in core or
meta-oe. Something you Marek perhaps don't need right now, but will
certainly need in the future. Did you help?

Alex