Hello.

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 21:37, Daniel Ribeiro wrote:

> Harald Welte wrote:
> > I have had a quick look at the patch and it seems like they all share
> > one machine type?  This is bad.
> I agree and i already proposed some time ago to register new machine
> types for the other phones.

And it was me who stand up to work on this. Never got to it. Sorry.

>       My stripped down version of blob, or Motorola's LBL seems like a good
> starting point for this. (of course, i would prefer to use u-boot, but
> changing it to work as a secondary bootloader seems much more work than
> changing blob code).

I'm not sure if this will be true if we put more and more work into
obsollete code. :)

Of course it is easier to change known working code to have faster
results, butas more time we spent on this for adding features that
another bootloader would bring for free...

Still somebody needs to start with some initial steps like having
u-boot as a second stage loader after blob.

regards
Stefan Schmidt