OSHCA in Oz @ or before/after Medinfo 2007

Mary Kratz wrote:
Oz 2007 @ MedInfo?

Joseph Dal Molin wrote:

....should have added to my previous note that..... Oz in 07 would be great!!!

Joseph

Adrian Midgley wrote:

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:48 +1100, Horst Herb wrote:

I would volunteer to organize it in Australia - sure, it's a long way from anywhere else, but it can be damn nice, it's safe, and it can be very cheap too once the flight has been paid.

Australia between August 2006 and February 2007 would in fact be
personally convenient. As the location of the OpenEHR project which may provide the theoretical
underpinning of the world's medical record systems, and the GNU project
medical record which has plausible promise, and based on what I hear of
rumour about the state of commercial closed source medical record
software and the providing companies there, and the press reports of
AUstralian federal and state governmental moves in the direction of
FLOSS for public administration, an OSHCA conference there might be a
useful focal point and be usefully situated to gatehr interest by those
who could be involved.

Another place of interest is British Columbia which I understand to have
actual production FLOSS EHR in use in a small number of general
practices, and is grappling with interesting problems over certification
and the like whcih have historically been used partly to close markets
to new or cash-poor entrants by commercial interests...

.