On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 07:47:55PM +0200, Freddie Chopin wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:28:50AM +0200, Freddie Chopin wrote:
>>> The first issue is that configure does not detect libusb_error_name(),
>>> but this is present in the lib, so the actual build fails:
>>
>> Can you please show your full config.log?
>
> I'm pretty certain that the problem is Windows-specific - the WINAPI
> call (that's what LIBUSB_CALL is replaced with for Windows target)
> changes the actual name of the function. But that's not only WINAPI - it
> has to have one parameter, as this is embedded in the name too. WINAPI
> calls are something like Linux system calls. I've explained that a bit
> in the previous mail, with an example of test that compiles
> successfully.

I think that's a red herring. The real issue here is that

i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -std=gnu99 -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO
  conftest.c -lusb-1.0   -lftdi -lusb

says "undefined reference to `libusb_error_name'". Why doesn't mingw
see that cross-compiled libusb-1.0 on your system is new enough and
actually has that function? The function prototype doesn't matter for
linkage, and autoconf test here is caring only about the linkage.

Also, please see if you like the "require pkg-config support" patch on
the Gerrit more, the responses I've got so far were positive.

For the automake warnings, please try if the patch I've just posted helps.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com