On Thursday 17 December 2009, Charles Vaughn wrote:
> Error: 409 14198 core.c:905 jtag_examine_chain_check(): JTAG scan chain
> interrogation failed: all ones

I vaguely recall that some of the early Stellaris boards
(like that one!) actually wired up TRST ... other chips
don't seem to expose that signal, so it's not wired out
of the JTAG adapters' CPLDs either.

The "all ones" could indicate that the TAP is still being
held in reset ... perhaps via TRST.  I suggest you check
your reset_config lines against board schematics, and
maybe the code for that specific adapter.

There are a bunch of Stellaris eval boards, with minor
differences in JTAG wiring.  I'm not sure which config
is right for that board.  I use "interface/luminary.cfg"
on a different board and it's fine, so I'd expect once
you sort out this config issue you'll have no problems.

- Dave

p.s. I also add "reset_config srst_nogate" to my
   board's default "reset_config srst_only", but I
   don't recall that anything would care about that.