Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> > create a "general" cfg file and small dedicated cfg files for every
> > STM32 device available
>
> Yet another solution is to have a generic cfg file with minimum 4KB of SRAM

I think this was the idea.

> but allow user to overwrite the generic config file with bigger working
> area for better performance.

The idea was that users override the generic config by sourcing a
device specific config instead.

I think that there is enough dynamic in the range of devices within
families that when working with the high end devices it will not make
sense to ever limit throughput to that of lower end devices. Ie.
users would *always* want to override. And forcing them to do that
manually doesn't make so much sense to me.

The ideal would be for openocd to identify the device. I guess IDCODE
is not good enough to tell two devices with the same core apart, so
we really have to rely on user input for it. :\

//Peter