On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Chris Jones <ch...@martin-jones.com> wrote:

> I tried the IAR software but don't have a JTAG dongle directly compatible
> with it. I tried to get it to talk to OpenOCD via GDB but attempting to
> download the code to the STM32 that way just resulted in streams of errors.
> I didn't spend any more time on this because I don't think it would help to
> isolate the issue into or out of OpenOCD.
>
> There seem to be some circumstances in which attempting to start OpenOCD
> connected to an STM32 in stop mode, or switching rapidly into and out of
> stop mode, breaks the STM32's debug unit. It's consistently repeatable. For
> now we can work around it by being extremely careful when we try to connect
> OpenOCD, but I'd like to try and help prevent the problem.

I agree with Michel that the first step towards that is probably to
determine whether the problem has a reasonable chance of being fixable
in OpenOCD. Otherwise it's a waste of time trying to. We could try
completely different tools to see if they have the same problem. We
can also ask ST (having tried different tools would help here, too).
Maybe someone on the list has the tools and the time required.
Unfortunately, I have neither right now.

Regards,
Andreas