On 15:25 Tue 07 Jun     , Laurent Gauch wrote:
>/ >
/>/ >/If our ft2232.c patches are not merged quickly, Amontec Team will
certainly
/>/ >/>/ come with a new specific jtagkey.c API driver  instead of the ft2232.c
JTAG
/>/ >/>/ driver.
/>/ >/>/ The advantage with a specific Amontec JTAGkey API driver in openocd,
will be
/>/ >/>/ to see our patches merged in the minute, instead to wait 1 to 2 months
/>/ >/>/ also the ft2232.c will still be usable for the JTAGkey.
/>/ >/
/>/ >This is the solution, you will have your own driver to manage then :-)
/>/ >But you will then create another DRIVER not API as the interface API
/>/ >is already set :-)
/>/ Yes, a specific jtagkey driver with a wrapper for the existing
/>/ openocd API ! Yes, that's the idea.
/>/ The user will be able to use the classic ft2232.c or the specific
/>/ jtagkey.c as a jlink.c!
/>/ Maybe that's the road to follow if our patches take so long time to
/>/ be merged on ft2232.c.
/except on jlink we have a 100% different API
All specific dongle interface (DRIVER) are based on the same API (known as JTAG API).
API -> DRIVER -> DONGLE
sorry but duplicate code is wrong and will never help the maintainnce
if no-one reply to your for some times the maintainer will have to take a
decision, as a Maintainer I do simple if it looks good and the code make
I apply it. If it break something we can fix it or revert it later

>/ >I think project needs more support in cleanup and maintenance at the
/>/ >moment, as there are some doubts on even more changing or complicating
/>/ >existing code, creating your separate playground for testing new
/>/ >features seems sensible.
/>/ You're right.
/>/ >Also if you want to make a release, make it
/>/ >happen, do not expect other to do the job for you. Please note that
/>/ >this is not against your ideas, the project simply needs to be cleaned
/>/ >up and restructurized because it gets more and more complex with new
/>/ >functionality that is still growing and can get out of control soon.
/>/ />/ >This is all kept koherent by only one (?) person that does not take
/>/ >money for all this time and effort to keep things organized.
/>/ OpenOCD should accept more maintener, with different maintener right
/>/ levels (layers).
/yes that could be a solution but a ft2232 maintainer MUST tkae care of other
hw design not be focused on one design only

Best Regards,
J.

Regards,
Laurent
http://www.amontec.com/jtagkey.shtml
Amontec JTAGkey-2 Generic High-SPEED USB JTAG CABLE interface.