>/ Hello Andreas :-)
/>/
/>/ On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Andreas Fritiofson
/>/ <andreas.fritiofson at gmail.com
/>/ >> I have created simple quit() that sets all port pins high and as input
/>/ >> (mpsse command 0x80 0x82) but that did not shut down the yellow led
/>/ >> :-(
/>/ >
/>/ > Since the suitable setting depends on the mapping of the GPIOs and the
/>/ > surrounding electronics, the quit function would probably need to be
/>/ layout
/>/ > specific, as Laurent mentioned.
/>/
/>/ I think setting all pint as input create Hi-Z for them, so his is the
/>/ safest choice and _should_ produce situation as if the interface was
/>/ not connected at all... unless interface use some buggy buffer
/>/ construction where high impedance would cause output to be active. I
/>/ thought that was what Laurent mentioned... it sounds sensible, but
/>/ maybe I did some error somewhere...
/>/
/
Setting the FTDI pins to Hi-Z is not necessarily the same as setting the
pins in the JTAG connector to Hi-Z. There is arbitrary dongle-specific
interface logic between the FTDI chip and the connector.
Yes, true. That's why we need specific deinit function on the specific layout .
The Layout deinit is specific, the how-to close the MPSSE is generic.

Regards,
Laurent http://www.amontec.com Amontec JTAGkey USB JTAG interface