Am 06/10/2011 09:41 AM, schrieb Laurent Gauch:

>> Hello Andreas :-)
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Andreas Fritiofson
>> <andreas.fritiofson at gmail.com
>> input
>> />>/ (mpsse command 0x80 0x82) but that did not shut down the yellow led
>> />>/ :-(
>> />/
>> />/ Since the suitable setting depends on the mapping of the GPIOs
>> and the
>> />/ surrounding electronics, the quit function would probably need to
>> be layout
>> />/ specific, as Laurent mentioned.
>> /
>> I think setting all pint as input create Hi-Z for them, so his is the
>> safest choice and _should_ produce situation as if the interface was
>> not connected at all... unless interface use some buggy buffer
>> construction where high impedance would cause output to be active. I
>> thought that was what Laurent mentioned... it sounds sensible, but
>> maybe I did some error somewhere...
>>
> That's make the openocd inter-session more robust.
> I have mentioned this trouble from a long time (4-5months ago).  The
> sebastien patch 1..5/5 resolve all of this.
In what way?

If OpenOCD had trouble on startup if the dongle state is unknown, then
that needs to be fixed - you never know which other software used the
dongle before.

Messing with the target state in exit just to fix a bug in startup is
only a band-aid, and completely unnecessary if we fix the startup problem.

cu
Michael