On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Mashal al-shboul <shboul8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiaofan ,Thanks for replying
> i use libftd2xx0.4.16 and openOCD 0.5.0
> actually my target is to run "make intelmote2 install openocd" which halts
> at " starting openOCD...".
> i installed the follwoing packages(from software center) :
> libftdi1,libftdi1-dev, libftdipp-dev,libftdipp1,libftdipp1-dbg,
> but still halting at "starting openocd..." and by : openocd -f
> /usr/local/etc/arm-usb-tiny.cfg command i get:
> "Error: The specified debug interface was not found (ft2232)
> The following debug interfaces are available:
> Runtime Error: /usr/local/etc/arm-usb-tiny.cfg:19:
> in procedure 'script'
> at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 58
> in procedure 'interface' called at file "/usr/local/etc/arm-usb-tiny.cfg",
> line 19    "
>  regarding the link you gave, i downloaded it, but i already  have the same
> folder "openOCD 0.5.0" ,should i replace it even though?.

Ah you are using Linux. In that case, the link I provided does not
apply since it is for Windows.

In the case of Linux, please try to avoid ftd2xx as it does not really
offer much benefits compared to libftdi. You should try to build with
libftdi and see if that helps.

If you use ftd2xx, you need to follow the instructions of the ftd2xx
package to install the files to the correct directory.

--
Xiaofan