On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:13:07PM +0100, Michael van Elst wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 20, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> When I tried building postfix-2.0.7-20030320.src.rpm today with LDAP
>> support and openldap-2.1.16-20030315, the linking failed with several
>> undefined references including ldap_enable_cache.
>
>openldap has deprecated the client cache interface. Apparently some people
>did not notice, not even the openldap people themselves, who still provide
>the manual page :-/

Here's what I got back on the postfix mailing list:

>On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> I ran into some undefined references compiling postfix-2.0.7 with
>> openldap-2.1.16.  It links properly with openldap-2.1.12.
>>
>> One of the undefined references is ``ldap_enable_cache''.  Diffs between
>> the two openldap versions lead me to believe that this and some other
>> functions have been dropped from openldap.
>>
>> FWIW, I'm building slightly modified SRPMS from openpkg.org (I'm adding
>> whoson and LDAP support to their release.
>>

>This is a known issue for OpenLDAP 2.1.13 and later. I have provided a
>patch to Lamont Jones of HP, who will hopefully release an updated
>dict_ldap.c to Wietse in the near future...
>
>For now I would suggest that you stick with OpenLDAP 2.1.12.
>
>--
>       Viktor.

Bill

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
regeneration.
                -- Dijkstra
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]