Another question: will the OpenPKG team inform Steve Grubb about the
problems found with and patches applied to his code? He indicates in his
README file that he will continue to maintain the package until Wietse
releases a new version (could be a while!), and that he'd like to know about
bugs.

My more general question is whether changes accepted by OpenPKG are
routinely referred back to the Vendor (for incorporation into their next
version), or whether the submitters of the changes need to do this?

Thanks,
       Dennis