On Tue, Nov 04, 2008, Torsten Homeyer wrote:

> since my development environment is broken and I don't have time and
> mood to fix this again, somebody else could eventually do the required
> changes:
>
> The actual python package doesn't link if build with with_readline.
> To fix this ncurses should be required if with_readline=yes and
> -ltermcap should be replaced with -lncurses.

The problem seems to be not the "python" package, but the "readline"
package. GNU readline requires a system termcap. Ncurses just also
provides this API and hence solves the problem. But the main point is
that OpenPKG always required that the OS provides the termcap API:
either natively or in case of Linux with the ncurses-dev OS package.
That is the reason why OpenPKG always requires "ncurses-dev" under
Linux, because there is no "native" termcap for Linux. Just always using
OpenPKG's own "ncurses" was not possible because of package dependencies
and cross-Class-dependencies. Now that our "ncurses" already became CORE
Class this might be different...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com