On Tue, Sep 03, 2002, Miles Egan wrote:
> Two questions:
>
>[...]
>
> 2.  Are there any plans for Os X / Darwin support?  The bootstrap procedure
> seems to work but the bootstrap package fails to install because the platform is
> identified as "power macintosh" and the space breaks the script.  What's the
> proper fix here?  Are there any hooks for munging/translating uname's output?

Hello Miles,

Please stay tuned for an answer to your first question. Regarding Darwin and
power macintosh, I think we can do something about that. Please send the
output of 'uname -a', and it may be listed in the next release as unofficially
supported.

As soon as I schlep the text, you should be able to download a current (not
release) version OpenPKG package and complete the bootstrap. Please keep in
mind that we have no Darwin platform to test on, so until positive responses
come in it is unknown how well Darwin and OpenPKG fit together. Nice to know
that it seems to work for you, though.

If you can run 'uname -a' on a few machines (notebook?), it would help me put
in the right expression to catch all cases.

Thanks,
Michael

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]