On Wed, Sep 04, 2002, Miles Egan wrote:
>[...]
> I'm guessing we wouldn't want to start numbering our own releases
> 1.1.x, right?  Would we then start using date stamped release numbers?
>
> Put more simply, if we have to maintain our own temporary sub-forks of some
> packages how could we do this cleanly?

Well, our packages use 1.X for REL (releases) and 1.X.Y for UPD (updates).
Inbetween releases we use date stamped relese numbers, so thats no good
either.

If you want to avoid package file name collisions (which will be even more of
a problem when the front ends appear), then you will have to be creative. You
could add yet another file suffix, for example. I'll let you decide how
elegant that is, but it is a possible solution. For example,
tar-1.13.25-20020828.pixar.src.rpm or tar-pixar-1.13.25-20020828.src.rpm
maybe.

Regards,
Michael

--