On Thu, Sep 01, 2005, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005, Mr Green wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to install openpkg on Arch Linux ?
>
> I don't know "Arch Linux" in detail, but if it isn't a totally obscure
> Linux distribution the answers would be: 1. If you start from scratch
> via source RPMs, it should work out of the box. 2. If you want to fast
> boostrap via binary RPMs you at least will get complains from RPM,
> although it should still work.

Most probably adjustments regarding init scripts are required. Having
a quick look at the Arch Linux CVS [1], their init scipts look rather
BSD-ish. I haven't looked into details but I guess it would be best to
call OpenPKG's rc scripts from Arch's rc.local.

Furthermore there doesn't seem to be a /etc/crontab (right?) so we have
to use root's crontab instead.

[1] http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/initscripts/#dirlist

--
christoph schug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>