Hello Carsten,

I compile my server with:

#!/bin/bash
libs="-lOSGBase -lOSGContribTrapezoidalShadowMaps -lOSGCluster
-lOSGDrawable -lOSGEffectGroups -lOSGFileIO -lOSGGroup -lOSGImageFileIO
-lOSGState -lOSGSystem -lOSGUtil -lOSGText -lOSGWindow -lOSGWindowGLUT
-lOSGWindowX -lGLU -lGL -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lglut -lXmu -lXi
-lboost_system"
libpaths="-L/usr/lib/opensg"

g++ VRServer.cpp $libs $libpaths -o VRServer

Everything on a single local machine, same opensg installation, same
problem :(
I tried compiling OpenSG with OSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS=ON and
got:

cmake .. -DOSGBUILD_TESTS=OFF -DOSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS=ON

CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    OSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS

When I rerun cmake again I don't get that warning but after compiling
OpenSG the problem is still there.

I do this at the beginning of my server:
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGBase");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCSMSimplePlugin");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribWebInterface");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGGroup");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGUtil");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGCluster");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCSM");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGDrawable");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGImageFileIO");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindowGLUT");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribBackgroundLoader");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribGUI");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGDynamics");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGState");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindow");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCgFX");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribPLY");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGEffectGroups");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGSystem");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindowX");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribComputeBase");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribTrapezoidalShadowMaps");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGFileIO");
    OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGText");

commenting them did not help..

any ideas where I can continue to investigate?

best regards,
Victor

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Carsten Neumann <carsten.p.neum...@gmail.com