Hello Victor,

On 01/08/2015 06:35 AM, Victor Haefner wrote:
> I compile my server with:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> libs="-lOSGBase -lOSGContribTrapezoidalShadowMaps -lOSGCluster
> -lOSGDrawable -lOSGEffectGroups -lOSGFileIO -lOSGGroup -lOSGImageFileIO
> -lOSGState -lOSGSystem -lOSGUtil -lOSGText -lOSGWindow -lOSGWindowGLUT
> -lOSGWindowX -lGLU -lGL -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lglut -lXmu -lXi
> -lboost_system"
> libpaths="-L/usr/lib/opensg"
>
> g++ VRServer.cpp $libs $libpaths -o VRServer
>
> Everything on a single local machine, same opensg installation, same
> problem :(
> I tried compiling OpenSG with OSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS=ON and
> got:
>
> cmake .. -DOSGBUILD_TESTS=OFF -DOSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS=ON
>
> CMake Warning:
>    Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:
>
>      OSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEXT_ATTRIB_FUNCS

yes, it appears that option (together with the code it controlled) was
removed/rewritten in commit fadad10632f50b122fe95e0a0cf50bdda1045a85
(from 2014-07-17).

> When I rerun cmake again I don't get that warning but after compiling
> OpenSG the problem is still there.

If the server is still printing the message about
OSG_ENABLE_OGL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_FUNCS it is definitely using a different
set of OpenSG libraries - the code producing that message was part of
what was rewritten.

> I do this at the beginning of my server:
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGBase");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCSMSimplePlugin");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribWebInterface");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGGroup");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGUtil");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGCluster");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCSM");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGDrawable");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGImageFileIO");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindowGLUT");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribBackgroundLoader");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribGUI");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGDynamics");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGState");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindow");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribCgFX");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribPLY");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGEffectGroups");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGSystem");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGWindowX");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribComputeBase");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGContribTrapezoidalShadowMaps");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGFileIO");
>      OSG::preloadSharedObject("OSGText");
>
> commenting them did not help..

Those should not be related, I think.

> any ideas where I can continue to investigate?

You could try running with environment variable LD_DEBUG=libs to get the
runtime linker to print information about where it loads libs from - see
man ld.so for other settings.

        Cheers,
                Carsten