Hi,

On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 13:55 +0200, Johannes wrote:
> On 07.10.2015 09:27, Gerrit Voß wrote:
> >
> > a passive background might help. It can take a clear callback
> > where you can do the blitting. Another option in there
> > is to blit the current framebuffer into an FBO (which is not directly
> > what you are looking for). Adding blitting from another FBO should not
> > be to difficult, well depending on how accurate the 'what to blit'
> > settings have to be. I'll have a look.
> >
> Great :-)
>
> I'm also playing around with an example with a PolygonBackground, but I
> have problems getting it to run. What I'm trying is to create a viewport
> with a PolygonBackground that is painting the texture image from a FBO
> that I have rendered prior to that. In that simple setup the image is
> rendered perfectly fine. However, when I add a shader program chunk to
> the material of the PolygonBackground that shader code is never called.
> I debugged the relevant code places where GL_COMPILE_STATUS and
> GL_LINK_STATUS is checked, but the example program did not stop at these
> places. Additionally, I debugged the State::activate(...) function. The
> TextureObjChunk, TextureEnvChunk and the MaterialChunk get activated but
> not so the ShaderProgramChunk.
>
> The poor man's idea with the shader is, that I can adapt the depth
> buffer beside of the color buffer in the fragment shader.
>
> Below you can find part of the example. Could you take a brief look? Is
> shader code in the PolygonBackground forbidden generally? In case it
> helps I can post or upload the complete example code.
>

> However, I would prefer some infrastructure that is easier to setup.
> Maybe we could come up with a FancyBackground that takes a FBO and
> manages the blitting (color, depth, stencil) internally. Especially, I
> do not like a solution involving a shader in the first place.

that might be the best solution.

For your shader problem below, that is an old issue. It boils down to
shaders being cached during the traversal and remapped to a different
object. So the frontend objects does not do any actual OpenGL calls.
The easiest way around this is to use a SimpleSHLChunk instead if one
wants to activate the shader directly.

kind regards
  gerrit