From: opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Dahlia Trimble
Sent: Tuesday, 17 August 2010 3:53 AM
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] LL Viewer code license change

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Ai Austin
From: Justin Clark-Casey
<jjusti...@googlemail.com<mailto:jjusti...@googlemail.com>>

As regards to OpenSim contributions, I doubt that the viewer license change to
LGPL will make any difference.  LGPL just
makes it possible to link non-GPL code to the viewer code.  The viewer co
de itself is still virally licensed.
Justin, where did you get this information?  Its not the way it was presented
at SLCC (I watched the entire announcement and read the postings afterwards by
LL).  So, its not the way I read it, but we need to check.  They even amended
the licence from GPL to LGPL for a lot of the top level parts of the viewer
source code as I examined some of the key commitdiffs.

"for a lot of the top level parts"? Not the entire code base? I'm curious which
parts are now LGPL and which are not, and if not, what license they are under?