The very first Lonely Planet Hack Day in Australia.

Join the teams responsible for the development of lonelyplanet.com,
the Lonely Planet mobile apps and the new Lonely Planet Open Social
Platform for the very first Lonely Planet Hack Day.

Fresh on the heels of a massively successful mobile hack day in London
(http://overtheair.org), and our own internal hack day (see the photos
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattcashmore/sets/72157622015300428/)
and the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duEBztpTP20)) we invite
you to come to the Lonely Planet headquarters based in Footscray in
Melbourne to spend 48 hours playing with our new API, our new Open
Social platform and our rather funky content, images and maps.

This is the first time Lonely Planet has run a Hack Day here in
Australia, and we believe the developers of Australia can teach the
rest of the world a trick or two.

The event starts at 10am Saturday morning with a series of talks from
developers on Open Social (beginner and expert sessions) and our APIs,
there’ll also be space for unconference style talks and once you’ve
signed up we’ll send you details of the event wiki where you can book
a slot and see what others are talking about.

Saturday at 1pm 24 hours of hacking starts - right through the night
at our HQ with a few hours break for a mystery event at 7pm until 10pm
before heading back and burning the midnight oil (note: you’re not
allowed to burn oil at the LP HQ, I’ll get told off).

Sunday at 1pm the presentations start - you’ll get 90 seconds each to
present to your peers and the winners have some pretty decent prizes -
not to mention all the free beer, coke and pizza on hand through-out
the event.

So sign up now - there’s limited spaces for this first event - so
please only do take a place if you know you can come - if you sign up
and then can’t come please do let us know -
matthew.cashm...@lonleyplanet.com

Register at http://lplabs.eventbrite.com/

(copy + paste from
http://lplabs.com/2009/10/13/lonely-planet-hack-day-nov-7th-8th/)