Hi Arne,

Thanks so much for the clarifications on 2-legged vs 3-legged - after
deleting my cookies, the 3-legged authentication worked as I had
expected for MySpace. Given the information regarding the redirection,
making it more elegant is something I'll just push off until later if
there's time.

My other question, then, is how to add Orkut into this "portal". I've
read in the documentation that Orkut doesn't support 3-legged auth, in
which case the users who want to authenticate through the portal and
sync multiple profiles from a single interface would have to install
an application on every profile which would allow the external site to
authenticate through it. And unfortunately, I don't even know the
workings of OpenSocial enough to know how to do that.

Is there any way around this process (short of enacting the anti-
pattern of users punching in their username and passwords on the
external site) which would allow the external site to access their
profile information on Orkut, without having to install an application
beforehand? And if not, how would I go about writing an app that
simply allows this sort of access (would it essentially be an "empty"
app?)?

I apologize again for asking questions that likely have
straightforward answers, but I really appreciate your assistance.

Shannon