All,

I am sponsoring this case for Laszlo (Laca) Peter from
the desktop group.  I have made this an automatic approval
if anyone is concerned with that then I'll set a timer for
next week.  Just let me know.  The case directory contains
this proposal.

This project upgrades the libtiff image library code base
from the open source upstream from 3.8.2 to the latest
version, 3.9.4.  Patch release binding is requested.

Thanks,

John

Title:          libtiff 3.9.4
Case:           PSARC/2010/314
Submitter:      Laszlo Peter
Owner:          John Fischer
Timeout:        Automatic

1.0 Introduction

1.1 Project/Component Working Name:

    libtiff 3.9.4 for Solaris

1.2 Purpose

    This project upgrades the libtiff image library
    code base from the open source upstream from 3.8.2 to the
    latest version, 3.9.4.

    Patch release binding is requested.

2.0 Description

    libtiff is a library for reading and writing TIFF
    (Tag Image File Format) images.  The package also includes
    some command line utilities for simple manipulations of TIFF files.

2.1 Security Issues Addressed

    This release fixes multiple security vulnerabilities:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-2065
    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-2443
    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-2347
    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-1411

2.2 Additional Changes

    The differences from release to release are documented on the
    libtiff web site: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/v3.9.4.html

3.0 Delivery

    This project is targetting a Patch release of the Solaris OS.

    Availability and file locations:

    +-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
    |   Package name        |                File locations                 |
    +-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
    | SUNWTiff              | /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3                         |
    | IPS:                  | /usr/lib/{amd64,sparcv9}/libtiff.so.3         |
    | image/library/libtiff | /usr/bin/*                                    |
    +-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
    | SUNWTiff-devel        | /usr/include/tiff.h                           |
    | IPS:                  | /usr/include/tiffconf.h                       |
    | image/library/libtiff | /usr/include/tiffio.h                         |
    |                       | /usr/include/tiffvers.h                       |
    +-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

4.0 Interface Classification

    The project exports the following interfaces:

    |                           Interfaces Exported                         |
    |      Interface Name          |   Classification   |     Comment       |
    | libtiff.so.3                 | Committed          | LSARC/2006/464    |
    | TIFF utilities               | Uncommitted        | LSARC/2006/464    |
    | SUNWTiff                     | Committed          | package names     |
    | SUNWTiff-devel               | Committed          |                   |
    | image/library/libtiff        | Committed          |                   |