> meld is in Solaris 11 but it is not installed by
> default. It is in the
> repository.
> I don't know what is your set up, on my system,
>
> # pkg list -a | grep meld
> developer/meld
> 1.4.0-0.175.0.0.0.0.525    ---

Yeah, it's not there for build 173.  Looks like it was put back in 175.  The
only way to get it in 173 is to try installing an old version, which fails:

# pkg search meld
# pkg search developer/meld
INDEX      ACTION VALUE                            PACKAGE
require    depend developer/meld@1.1.5.1-0.151.0.1
pkg:/redistributable@0.1-0.151.0.1
require    depend developer/meld@1.1.5.1-0.133   pkg:/SUNWmeld@1.1.5.1-0.133

# pkg install developer/meld
Creating Plan /
pkg install: No matching version of developer/meld can be installed:
  Reject:  pkg://solaris/developer/meld@1.1.5.1,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T053826Z
  Reason:  This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://solaris/consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.173.0.0.0.0.487:20110827T221139Z