Historically OpenSSL has used the MASM ("ml") assembler for Win32 which
is rather expensive and tricky to obtain: I don't have it for example.
As a result the assembly language code is not configured in by default.
This is a pity because the assembly language code results in significant
speed improvements (RSA is twice as fast).

So in an attempt to remedy this I've added support for the free NASM
assembler to OpenSSL. It is in the latest CVS tree and should appear in
snapshots after tonight.

This is experimental support and any feedback would be appreciated:
though it seems to pass the tests OK. Instructions are in INSTALL.W32.
If there isn't any mention of NASM in INSTALL.W32 then the snapshot
is too early.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/