sshd/ftpd/telnetd -> pam_ldap -> libldap -> libssl/libcrypto
To recap, when my dual processor Pentium III is idle, I *always* get a
return value of 0 from SSL_connect. If I bog down the box, I get "1" and
everything works (login sucessful).
I added a check for SSL_get_error, and I get SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL.
I check the error queue with ERR_get_error()
My luck, I get 0 back from ERR_get_error().
The man page says, if ERR_get_error returns 0, "an EOF was observed that
violates the protocol".
I just want my LDAP authentication to work on these two machines out of
about a dozen where it works fine. The machines that work are "slower"
500Mhz boxes, and the failure on a dual P3, and a single CPU AMD 1700+.
pam_ldap is using libldap (further using OpenSSL) to do a starttls
connection against a remote OpenLDAP server.
I'm just banging my head against the keyboard here.
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]