On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:
> No, I don't mean to imply that you are one of the bad guys.  It's just that
> we have only one real way of knowing who the good guys are, and that is being
> part of the development team.  Yes, that can be very inconvenient.  Trust me,
> I know, it took more than 10 years for the team to open up and add me. :)
>
> I don't where your ticket is, but it should be closed.
>
> I know this frustrates you, and I'm sorry about that.

I see such trends as leading to dangerous situations in the future.
OpenSSL is widely deployed, and the developers appear to grow older,
according to the various interviews I read. (I don't wish to offend
any of you guys here). What happens if something happens to the core
developers ? Who will take over ?

The roadmap is nice, but if we don't get young developers who can work
their way to maintain the OpenSSL codebase, we're going to hit a huge
problem, in 10 years :-(

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.