At 08:13 AM 9/29/99 -0700, CJ Holmes wrote:
>Likewise, the conditions are unfavorable.  Having licensed the algorithm
>one is required to use RSAs implementation...

Again, that depends on from whom (or should I say through whom) you've
licensed the algorithm.  A few companies do have a broad license
to redistribute their own, or another company's, code.  Not a very
well-known fact, is it?

>As for "non-discriminatory basis", I suppose that promise has been met.  If
>you have lots of money to give to RSA then you can have a license.

I believe that the "non-discriminatory" nature of their licensing
practices is still a matter of debate... even among corporations
with lots of money and a (limited) license.  How many CAs have
been licensed?  Hmmm.  Given the potential demand, you'd think the
number would be much larger.  Discrimination?  You be the judge. <g>

-mjm