On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Norman Mackey wrote:

> Shouldn't it be possible to configure Apache/OpenSSL to
> handle name-based virtual hosting using TLS?  Apparently

Norman,

I believe it was made clear already. The only point to add
is a recent RFC on "Upgrade to TLS".

> ARIN thinks so, since they've adopted a policy of not
> issuing IPs for virtual hosts anymore.

You still can tell them exactly why you need different IPs
for different https:// hosts. Hope you are not thinking
to get a server certificate issued for "*.com" instead.

> I'm desperately searching for the instructions to do so,
> assuming it is indeed possible, and I would be eternally
> grateful if someone could point me to any.

All you need is to push that "Upgrade" implementation
into popular browsers base :)   and Apache. Well, I believe
the latter is quite doable

best wishes,
Vadim