Not true. I have found a method that works perfectly. I have been working on
different methodolgies for sometime and there are two options. The first, I
can speak of. The second involves other corporate incentives and is
proprietary.

The first is you assume all the calls go to port 443. Well, most calls to
ssl cites are programmed in. You don't type them in.

So, you can run apache-ssl with this scenario:

Port 443
Listen 1.2.3.4:444
Listen 1.2.3.4:445
Listen 1.2.3.4:446

Then, Each VH has the same IP with the corresponding port.
Each VH has a different Certificate.
Each VH serves up the correct certificate.

Note, also, the system can run on the NIC's first IP and it works by setting
up multiple IP's on the localhost.

If your interested, I'll post some links to sites that use the same IP but
serve up correct certificates.