Here, the problem is in the Certificate, the Linux hostname is not the same
that you gave in the certificate ...

I mean in the Common Name field It must be the Linux hostname ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 12:20 p.m.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Apache see cert as CA

I'm trying to get a SSL site up on Apache.  My system is:
Redhat 8
Apache 2.0.40
OpenSSL .0.9.6b

When I start Apache, It seems to think everything is OK.  But when I try to
browse to a page, I just get the default Apache home page.  If I look at
the SSL error log I get:
[Mon Dec 08 15:35:24 2003] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`rt.domainname.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon Dec 08 15:36:14 2003] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA
certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
I have worked thru the HOWTO's on Redhat creating a private key and
creating the certs
http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/HOWTO/SSL-RedHat-HOWTO-3.php3

My ssl.conf entry is:
NameVirtualHost rt.domainname.com:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.99:443>
ServerName rt.domainname.com
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
ErrorLog logs/rt/error_log
CustomLog logs/rt/access_log combined
#AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   Options All
   AllowOverride All
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   <Files *.html>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Files>
</Directory>

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>