On Fri, Jan 02, 2004, Jay Johnston wrote:

> MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: Will OPEN SSL allow my PHP script to authenticate
> an SSL connection to a secure server  that is hosting the web-based
> directories and thusly return the HTML so I can query it for a string I am
> looking for?

The authentication isn't really anything to do with OpenSSL. Its at the HTTP
level: so if you perform the necessary negotiations an the HTTP level it
should be OK.

However before that you should ensure that the SSL connection is working to
the server: if so you should be getting an HTTP error if access isn't
authorized at that URL. If the connection is failing then its some other
reason.

Right so where's my million dollars then? :-)

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.