Rich Salz wrote:

I think I misunderstood that question.  I honestly don't know what we
would lose.  Maybe a sense of openness.

In the past -- at least, say, 2-3 years ago -- we had a couple of
anonymous posters who made very worthwhile contributions.  Haven't
seen that recently.  Also, it used to be in the spirit of crypto
open source (cypherpunkcs, etc) to allow anon posting because
of the whoele ethos thing.

Probably not worth supporting any more.

I disagree.