The .0, .1 etc suffix is from the way the Apache web server
(I guess its SSL module) tries to find certificates in a
directory.  It hashes the subject name then looks for the
certificate under <hash>.0 then <hash>.1 etc so the digit
is used for collisions.  I've never seen a .1 and we have
a BIG directory.

You can either rename the certificate file or keep the
descriptive name and add a symbolic link from the hash to
the real file name, which is what we do here:

http://cert.umd.edu/spickdoc?apache

Elie Lalo wrote:

Hi,

Thx for the reply. The software doesn't expect .0, but I read it somewhere and I wanted to make sure that it is not the case.

Elie