On 21 Sep 2011, at 6:17 AM, Akanksha Shukla wrote:
> Currently we are using OpenSSL 0.9.8 version. I have question about few of
> the API's support for IPV6.
>
> 1) BIO_new_connect()
[...]
> Queries :
> 1) Do the above mentioned API's support IPv6?

I don't think so. BIO_new_connect() (and BIO_get_host_ip() which it calls) only
deal in IPv4 addresses.

As far as I know, though, you should be able to make an IPv6 socket connection
yourself, pass it to BIO_new_socket(), and have it work. It's just the
hostname/address lookup that is address-family specific. (Oddly, the server
side of things (accept() etc.) seems to have been extended to support IPv6
already.)