Hi Stephen,

I tried with retry logic as well (though earlier it was also same), but same
result.

int retryCounter = 0;

while(retryCounter < CONNECT_MAX_TRY)

{

    int retVal = BIO_do_connect(conn);

    if(retVal <= 0)

    {

         if(BIO_should_retry(conn))

         {

              retryCounter++;

              sleep(CONNECT_SLEEP_INTERVAL);

              continue;

        }

        else

        {

            cout << " The Bio_do_connect failed" << endl;

        }

   }

}

Just wanted to let you know that this piece of code is same at time when I
used BIO_new_connect() followed by BIO_set_nbio() and Bio_do_connect() with
similar code mentioned above, then things were working fine. This time
rather than using Bio_new_connect(), I used socket(), connect() and
Bio_new_socket() API call followed by bio_set_nbio() and Bio_do_connect()
(as suggested by you), then things started failing.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or help me in pointing out
the issue.

Thanks

Akanksha Shukla.