Hi,

I have the public and the private key for ECDSA on secp128r1 in a file
stored in PKCS8 format (saved with Crypto++; it is PKCS8 according to
the Docu).

I can create a signature without an error but unfortunately it is not
validated successfully with my Crypto++ app:

$ cat testakt.txt | openssl dgst -ecdsa-with-SHA1 -sign test.key
-keyform DER >act.bin

On the other hand, if I want to check a signature, I cannot even open
the (public) key file:

$ cat testakt.txt | openssl dgst -sha1 -verify activation.pub -signature
act.bin
unable to load key file

Though I am not sure I assume that openssl does not accept PKCS8.

Can anyone tell me how openssl can read PKCS8 or if the problem is
somewhere else?

Thanks,
Luke