On 15 April 2014 05:40, chetan <chet...@neominds.in> wrote:
> Thanks to you...it's working.
> Now i have one last query for you.
> I'm generating public and private key files using command line openssl. I
> generated 2 .PEM files each for public and private key.
> Now i want to generate shared secret from that files using APIs like
> EVP_PKEY_derive and others. So,Can i do like this or not?
> If yes than how?
> thanks once again for help.

There are functions to read and write PEM files. See:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/pem.html

In particular see the functions:
PEM_read_PUBKEY
and
PEM_read_PrivateKey

There is a discussion on EC Key files on the wiki here:
http://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Command_Line_Elliptic_Curve_Operations

However, note that if both sides of your communication are reading
from key files (and reusing those key files), then you are not doing
ECDHE (as is in the subject of this thread) - you're just doing ECDH.

Matt