Rich-
Thanks for your response. The client is my own Linux client using OpenSSL. So
are you saying that I need to do certificate validation on my own, at least as
far as checking for revocation?  That's assuming the solution isn't to
concatenate the files as described previously. I am not concerned with getting
updated CRLs, I just want to know how to properly check for revocation once I
have a CRL in /etc/ssl/crls on the client.
Can you give a brief high-level view of what I'd need to do this in my client
without the file appending?
Thanks!