Pretending that the contrary is impossible and insurmoutable
is just a conservative "fear fud and uncertainty" approach,
based on trivial examples that can/should be expurged from any industrial program in a couple of minutes.

Understanding C language is not as complicated as C++,
and I am not of those pretending that there is deep science where there is only some poor syntax concepts in discussion, and even if I agree that comparing both is not the main subject, it is anyway in question in this "prefix mess"topic.

I am programming in both for robotics since 20 years, and mixing the two when obligated to do so, and provided that you take care of some few differences (I mean for "functional programming"), it is easy to switch from C to C++ (not the contrary, of course),

No need to pretend to be a C guru to make possible things appear as impossible.