On 09/15/2018 10:30 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
Just a couple of updates this week.

* I have assigned PTLs (for projects that have PTLs [1]) to their respective tasks in StoryBoard [2]. If someone else on your team is planning on working on the pre-upgrade check goal then please just reassign ownership of the task.

* I have started going through some project release notes looking for upgrade impacts and leaving notes in the task assigned per project. There were some questions at the PTG about what some projects could add for pre-upgrade checks so check your task to see if I've left any thoughts. I have not gone through all projects yet.

* Ben Nemec has extracted the common upgrade check CLI framework into a library [3] (thanks Ben!) and is working on getting that imported into Gerrit. It would be great if projects that start working on the goal can try using that library and provide feedback.

The library has been imported into Gerrit, so people can start consuming it from there. Note that there are quite a few pending patches to it already that we can't merge until the governance change goes in and I can populate the reviewer list.

I also pushed a patch to demonstrate how it would be integrated with the existing Nova code[1] and a patch to Designate to demonstrate how a completely new set of checks might be implemented[2]. The Designate check required some changes in the library config handling, but I think the patches proposed should work well now. I need to write some unit tests for it, but in my manual testing it has behaved as expected.

As Matt said, any feedback is welcome. I suggest working off the end of the series that includes [3] as there are some significant api changes there.

-Ben

1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603499
2: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604430
3: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604422/