> Is it a stupid idea to modify propertytag? Probably not. Is it worth
> adding two new tags that are subsets of property tag? Definitely not.

Otherway around. PropertyTag is a SUPERSET of the print and push tags. (A
friend on irc pointed out that there's actually a THIRD use for the property
tag, which I failed to document. An email on this issue is imminent I hear,
and updating the docs to reflect this will make the property tag even more
confusing.)

> I know
> nothing of how elegant or ugly its internals are. I didn't even know
> the dual usage of propertytag until it was pointed out here.

Why are you arguing against a change that you then don't have full
appreciation of? There are several uses of the push and print tags that
property tag cannot fill. Let me repeat this: can _not_ fill. I have pointed
this out and now I've corrected the docs to point this out too. Read the
docs on propery tag that I updated. You will see that the docs are
confusing, but that they can't be made more clear becuase the propery tag in
itself is confusing.

I am beginning to get sick and tired of people bashing my suggestion without
knowing what they are bashing. "Just document it" is not a valid argument IF
YOU DO NOT DOCUMENT IT. You will notice the irony in the fact that I
documented the property tag, despite me being the biggest opponent to it.

Now let me point out the obvious one last time: this addition (not change as
some people have called it just to make it sound unreasonable) is not
something I want in 1.3.

// Anders Hovmöller