> 1)  Changing the behavior of the PropertyTag hurts our userbase.

No examples given. Thus an unfounded opinion with no base in logic.

> 2)  Adding addional tags makes the PropertyTag (and the taglibs as a
> whole) more confusing, not less.

Adding tags that are simple and straight forwards makes PropertyTag more
confusing. You are totally correct on this. But why? Because it makes it
abundantly clear how extremely confusing, complicated and bloated property
tag is. Of course it looks confusing when it stands next to simple tags!

> If you want
> me to change my position on this matter, you have to convince me that a
> change is for the greater benifit of the community.  As it stands right
> now, I believe that the proposed change would in fact have the opposite
> effect.

Yet "the community" is what wants this ADDITION, not change (see pats
tally). That it's an addition and not a change is very relevant and you keep
using "change" in what looks like a demonization-attempt.

// Anders Hovmöller