Jason Carreira wrote:

>> I'm not asking that you love me or anything but keep it to yourself.
>> If you feel the temptation to say negative personal things
>> about me or
>> anybody else connected with FM, I hope you will have the
>> sense to bite
>> your tongue or sit on your hands or whatever is necessary. And we'll
>> all be better off. That's a win-win proposition.

Good. I see that the part of my message that you quoted is indeed the truly relevant part. So I take it we have a deal.

>And I hope you'll do the same and stop this thread now.

Well, of course, I'm going to do the same, Jason. I'm not going to badmouth anybody from the WW camp on a FreeMarker list. I never have and it would never occur to me. I guess I just figured that part went without saying.

As for stopping the thread, I think that a reading of my last message will show that the message was deliberately crafted to stop the thread cold. That was my intention. (I can only speculate about some other people's agendas... Look at some of these other messages where people are trying to fan the flames....)

>This is a
> mailing list to discuss the development of an opensource project, and
>that is what we, the subscribers of this list, would like to get back
>to.

Well, yeah, absolutely. That is why it was wrong to bring up this off-topic personality stuff. But, for the nth time, I didn't bring up this topic.

As I said before, I am actively encouraging the WW-FM integration work. It's a win-win overall, but you guys will really get quite a bit of value-added. So all of this other gratuitous nonsense does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

So okay, we have deal? You guys don't badmouth anybody from the FM camp on a WW list. And we behave accordingly. BTW, I am not currently subscribed to this list. When I stated that I was unsubscribing, I really did unsubscribe. I became aware of your response here by looking at the archive. (I actually resolved not to... but okay... I'm human... :-))

Regards,

Jonathan Revusky
--
FreeMarker 2.2pre2 is out! http://freemarker.org/